The energy assistance program helps low-income households pay their home heating bills. Payments are made directly to the household’s fuel dealer.
- Eligibility is based on household gross income for the past three months, household size and consumption for the past 12 months.
- Applicants may rent or own their home.
- Households must provide proof of income when they apply.
- There are no deductions from income.
- Households may also be eligible for Repair or Replacement of nonfunctioning heating systems.
|Household Size||Gross Income for the Last Three Months
To request an application please call:
847-1385 Detroit Lakes
739-3011 Fergus Falls
732-7204 Park Rapids
or download an application below:
Mail your completed application, along with income verification and current utility bills to:
Mahube-Otwa Community Action Partnership, Inc.
ATTN: Energy Department
P.O. Box 747
Detroit Lakes, MN 56502
Or, drop off your application at your nearest Mahube-Otwa Office in Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, Mahnomen, Park Rapids or Wadena.